Your air conditioner’s air handler is vital to circulating cooled air and keeping your house at a comfortable climate. If it malfunctions, the temperature in your house could rise, leaving you and your family uncomfortable. To avoid these issues, it’s important to schedule repair and installation services in Brentwood, CA with a trusted and reliable company, like Elite Comfort Systems. A family-owned business, we provide upfront pricing!
Do you suspect your air conditioner has a refrigerant leak? Contact us to learn about our AC refrigerant leak services.
Why Air Handlers Play an Important Role in Your AC System
Without a functioning air handler, your air conditioning system cannot work properly. This component performs the following tasks to keep your unit operating as expected:
- Helps regulate and circulate the airflow from the AC unit.
- Directs air through the heating and cooling systems.
- Pushes air through at pre-calculated rates, based on the system size and area that needs to be heated or cooled.
- Regulates the circulation rate.
Benefits of Timely Air Handler Replacement
To avoid enduring a hot and uncomfortable house, it’s important to replace your air handler at the first signs of an issue. Some of the advantages of installing a new unit at your Brentwood house as soon as possible can include:
- Not having to shut down your air conditioner or furnace, leaving you with an absence of cool or warm air.
- Protecting other parts of your heating or cooling system from deteriorating.
- Avoiding larger, more costly repairs that a malfunctioning air handler can cause.
- Providing better indoor air quality by properly circulating the air.
Does your AC unit require several repairs to keep it functioning properly? It could be time to replace the system. Learn about our air conditioning installation services.
Common Problems That Can Cause Air Handlers To Malfunction
Like all parts of your air conditioner, occasionally your air handler may encounter issues that require repairs. Some common problems it might experience can include:
- Clogged air filters. These can require your unit to work harder than it needs to.
- Cooling coils that are clogged by dirt and dust. This can cause your system to malfunction.
- Worn or faulty fan belts. These need to be replaced to ensure your system is functioning properly.
- A burnt-out blower motor. A professional can inspect the issue and make the repair.