Is the air quality in your house lower due to dirty filters? Is your heating or cooling system working harder than it needs to because of clogged filters? You could benefit from filter replacement services. Call Elite Comfort Services to schedule services in Brentwood, CA. A family-owned and operated company, we offer upfront pricing.
Is the air in your home clean and healthy? Learn about our indoor air quality services.
Risks of Not Replacing Your Filters
Forgetting to replace your air conditioning and furnace filters regularly can have negative effects on your entire Brentwood household. Some potential risks can include:
- Lower indoor air quality. Dirty filters do not remove allergens and other debris from the air.
- Inadequate airflow. The filters may be clogged or not allowing air to move as expected.
- Risk of breakdown. Dirty filters can lead to potential system failure.
- Higher repair costs. Not replacing filters can cause frequent problems with your unit as it needs to work harder to function.
- Increased aging. Clogged filters can cause more wear and tear on the system.
- Increase in monthly utility bills. The system might use more energy to operate accurately.
How Often Should Filters Be Replaced?
To keep your heating and cooling systems functioning properly, it’s important to replace the filters frequently. Use the following list when determining how often to replace your filters:
- Every six months if you don’t have a pet.
- Every three months if you live in an urban area. This is due to potential outdoor air quality issues.
- Every two months if you have a pet.
- Every month if you or anyone in your household has pet allergies.
- More often during periods of extended AC use, such as the heat of summer.
Do you suspect there’s a leak in your air ducts? Contact us to learn about our air cleaning services.
Benefits of Replacing Filters Regularly
There are several benefits for your entire household by regularly changing the filters in your furnace and air conditioner. These advantages can include:
- Improved indoor air quality, which can make you and your family healthier.
- Lower utility bills, as your system doesn’t have to work as hard.
- Increased lifespan of your unit, as replacing the filters can reduce the amount of wear and tear.
- Reduced dust around your home, as the filters can properly collect dust, dirt, and other particles.