Do you hate paying to keep your house cool while you’re not home? Do your kids alter the thermostat when you’re at work? Is your house hot when you return home from vacation? You can eliminate these issues with a WiFi thermostat. Call Elite Comfort Systems for smart thermostat installations and repairs in Brentwood, CA. A local, family-owned, and operated company, we offer upfront pricing!
Is your AC unit struggling to cool your house to the setting on the thermostat? Learn about our air conditioning repair services.
What Are Smart Thermostats?
While the name “WiFi” or “Smart” thermostat might sound intimidating, these devices can provide essential climate control to your Brentwood home. With a traditional thermostat, you can adjust the setting from heating to cooling and can alter the temperature when you’re home to make your house more comfortable. But, you have to be home to make the adjustments. With a smart thermostat, you can make changes from the convenience of an app on your mobile phone. This lets you change the temperature when you’re at work or on vacation, and ensure the house is comfortable when you return home.
Common Programmable Thermostat Issues
Your WiFi thermostat might occasionally experience issues that require repairs. Some of these problems can include:
- A server outage or software issue: If there is a server outage or a bug in the software, your device may suddenly go offline. If this happens, you will be unable to adjust the temperature settings remotely during the outage.
- Your older HVAC system doesn’t have a C wire: Your system needs a C wire to function properly. The C wire is dedicated to charging your smart thermostat and is required to enable the device to work without stealing power from your heating or cooling system. Older HVAC units might not have this wire, which can cause your system to malfunction as the thermostat steals power from the unit.
- Dead battery: If the device doesn’t get enough power from the HVAC system, it can cause its battery to go dead. The battery can also malfunction if a software update fails. Have a professional inspect the wiring to ensure the device is getting enough power.
Does your building need heating or cooling repairs? Contact us to learn about our commercial HVAC services.
Signs You Need To Repair or Replace Your Thermostat
When your house doesn’t cool to the set temperature on your thermostat, it can be difficult to determine if it’s due to a malfunctioning HVAC unit or thermostat. Watch for the following signs that can indicate you need to repair or replace your thermostat:
- The thermostat doesn’t turn on.
- Your utility bills start to increase.
- You cannot control the climate in your home.
- You have uneven temperatures throughout your home.
- You notice excessive levels of humidity in your house.
- You notice mold growing in your home - especially during the summer due to increased heat or humidity.