When California’s summer heat arrives, you want to ensure your house is cool and comfortable. While you might immediately think about installing an air conditioner to keep your house at an ideal temperature, don’t overlook the benefits of a ductless mini split system. These units can keep your house cool in a more energy-efficient manner. Call Elite Comfort Systems for appointments in Brentwood, CA. A family-owned and operated company, we provide upfront pricing before we perform any work!
Is your air conditioner failing to properly cool your house? Contact us to schedule AC repair services.
Advantages of Ductless Mini Split Systems
When deciding between a traditional forced-air AC unit and a ductless mini split system, there can be several benefits to choosing a ductless system. Some of the advantages include:
- Lower utility bills: This system increases efficiency, resulting in lower monthly energy costs.
- Zoned cooling: This unit lets you set various temperatures in every room throughout your property.
- Easy installation: These systems can be installed easily by a professional as they do not require ductwork or other major alterations to your property.
- Quiet operation: These units do not make as much noise when they operate as forced- air systems.
- Takes up less space: These units are very sleek and can be installed virtually anywhere, typically on a wall or ceiling.
How To Maintain Your Ductless Mini Split Unit
To keep your ductless mini-split unit working correctly during the heat of summer it’s essential to keep it properly maintained. Some tasks you should perform regularly can include:
- Change filters regularly: Change the filters once a month to help reduce utility bills while keeping your building comfortable.
- Schedule regular inspections: Schedule regular maintenance services with a professional at least once a year to ensure the unit is working as expected.
- Inspect interior components: During routine maintenance, ensure the contractor examines the inside of the unit to make sure all of the components are functioning properly.
Does your aging AC unit need to be replaced? Learn about our air conditioning installation services.
How To Save Money With a Ductless Mini Split System
Ductless mini-split systems can be more cost-effective than traditional forced-air AC units. These units offer zoned cooling options, letting you alter the temperature only in rooms you are using while not spending money to cool empty rooms. This can let you save up to 50 percent on your utility bills each month, meaning eventually the system will pay for itself.