Is your aging air conditioner struggling to keep your house cool from the summer temperatures? If so, you may need to replace your unit to restore comfort to your house. Call Elite Comfort Systems for AC installation and replacement services in Brentwood, CA. When you call us, we offer 5-star service on every call.
Is there moisture leaking from your air conditioner? Contact us to learn about our AC refrigerant leak services.
Signs You Need To Replace Your Air Conditioner
Don’t sweat out the summer in your house because of an old, malfunctioning AC unit. Instead, watch for these signs that can indicate you need to replace your system:
Your unit is more than 15 years old and nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Higher bills. Your system is losing efficiency, resulting in higher utility bills.
- Not operating at its full capacity. Your home is not reaching the desired temperature.
- Needs repairs. Your system needs multiple repairs.
- Needs a costly repair. Your unit needs a major repair, such as a new motor or compressor.
Your system is leaking moisture.
- Loud sounds. You hear strange sounds coming from the unit, which could signal an issue with your motor.
- Lack of cold air. You feel cold air coming out of the unit, but it is not blowing as strongly as it should be.
Benefits of Installing a New AC System
Installing a new air conditioner in your house can have benefits for your entire household. Some of the biggest advantages can include:
- Increased energy efficiency, which can result in lower utility bills.
- New technology and features to give you maximum indoor climate control to cool your house to the ideal temperature.
- Even cooling to avoid hot and cold spots.
- Improved indoor air quality in your home.
- Longer lifespan than older models.
When you need routine maintenance and tune-ups on your AC unit, contact us about our air conditioning repair services.
How To Save Money on Your Home Cooling Costs
While it’s necessary to keep your house cool in the summer, running your air conditioner can cause your utility bills to increase. To trim these bills, use the following tips:
- Insulate your home.
- Replace the air filters regularly, ideally at least every three months.
- Schedule regular maintenance with a professional at least once a year.
- Use a programmable thermostat to better control the climate.
- Turn the thermostat down a few degrees. You will use less energy and are unlikely to notice the difference.
- Replace your older unit with a new, more energy-efficient model.
- Use fans throughout your house to help circulate the air.
- Close your drapes on sunny days to keep extra heat out of your home.