Summer heat can be brutal without a properly functioning air conditioning unit. Before you find out your system isn’t working, have the unit tuned up by a professional. Call Elite Comfort Systems for maintenance, repairs, and installations in Brentwood, CA. A family-owned and operated company, we offer 5-star service on every call.
We offer the following AC services:
- Emergency AC Repair
- Air Conditioning Repair & Maintenance
- Air Conditioning Installation & Replacement
- Air Handler Services
- Evaporator Coil Services
- AC Refrigerant Leak
- Ductless Mini Split Systems
- Heat Pump Services
- Indoor Air Quality
- Filter Replacement
- Air Cleaners & Filtration
Is your aging AC unit showing signs of wear and tear? Learn about our air conditioning installation services.
Signs You Need To Install a New AC System
Waiting too long to replace your air conditioner can leave you sweating out the summer weather in your Brentwood house. Before you’re left in the heat, it’s important to replace your system at the first signs of an issue. Some symptoms to watch for can include:
- Age: If your unit is older than 15 years old and nearing the end of its life expectancy.
- High utility bills: If your system is working harder than it needs to cool your home, resulting in higher utility bills.
- Less effective: If your property is no longer reaching the desired temperature or the setting on the thermostat.
- Multiple repairs: If your unit needs multiple repairs.
- Major repair: If you need a major or costly repair, such as a new motor or compressor.
- Leaks: If your unit is leaking.
- Noises: If you hear strange sounds coming from the system, which can signal an issue with your motor.
How To Save Money on Cooling Costs
Staying cool during California’s summer weather can take a toll on your utility bills. Fortunately, there are ways to trim these costs. Use the following tips to save money:
- Make sure your property is properly insulated to keep the cool air in and the hot air out.
- Replace the air filters at least every three months to keep the unit running efficiently.
- Schedule a tune-up with a professional at least once a year.
- Install a programmable thermostat to better control your indoor temperature.
- Reduce your thermostat by a few degrees. It will save energy, and you are unlikely to notice the difference.
- If your unit is older, replace it with a new, more energy-efficient model.
- Use fans to help circulate the air in the house.
- Close drapes on sunny days to keep the extra heat out.
Are you looking for a way to cool your property for less money? Ask us about our ductless mini split AC systems.
Common Problems With AC Units
While it’s not convenient, occasionally, your air conditioner may encounter problems. Some common issues your unit might experience include:
- There’s no cold air coming from the system. A professional can examine the unit to determine why.
- The unit is working too hard to get air flowing through your vents. This can cause your monthly utility bills to increase.
- The thermostat is malfunctioning, leaving hot and cold areas around your home.
- There’s moisture leaking around the unit. You should have a professional inspect the leak to determine if it’s water or refrigerant.