Are you wearing a sweatshirt, slippers, and a snuggie just to stay warm in your house over the winter months? If so, you need to have your heating system inspected by a professional. Call Elite Comfort Systems for furnace repairs, maintenance, and replacements in Walnut Creek, CA. A family-owned and operated company, we offer upfront pricing.
Read our testimonials to learn why your neighbors call us when they need heating system repairs.
We provide complete heating services to Walnut Creek, CA, including:
- Heater Repair
- Furnace Repair
- Filter Replacement
- Air Duct Cleaning and Repairs
- Heater Installation
- Furnace Installation
- Heat Pump Services
How a Malfunctioning Heater Can Impact Your House
When your heater malfunctions it can have several impacts on your house and your family. While the most obvious effect can be a lower temperature in your home, other effects can include:
- Your family may become sick due to chilly indoor temperatures or more serious issues, like a carbon monoxide leak.
- Your indoor air quality can be reduced.
- Your system can be at risk for a fire.
- Your monthly utility bills can increase as your unit runs inefficiently.
Signs Your Heater Needs To Be Replaced
You don’t want to be left in a frigid house all winter due to a broken heater. To avoid this, watch for these signs that can indicate your system needs to be replaced so you can have a new unit installed as soon as possible:
- Your unit is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Multiple repairs. Your system needs several, or large, costly repairs.
- Utility bills continue to go up. Your bills increase without a change in usage.
- Cracked heat exchanger. You have a serious issue, like a cracked heat exchanger that can lead to a carbon monoxide leak in your house.
- Loss of efficiency. Your unit is working harder than it should to heat your home.
- Cannot heat your home properly. Your house is not reaching the ideal temperature or is leaving hot and cold spots throughout your home.
Is the fear of the bill preventing you from having your furnace repaired? Don’t delay services! Contact us to learn about our financing options.
Common Issues With Your Furnace
Unfortunately, occasionally your furnace might encounter issues that will require professional repairs. Some common problems you might experience can include:
- Issues due to lack of maintenance: Not having regular tune-ups or inspections can cause your system to encounter several problems that will require services.
- Overworking caused by dirty filters: Filters can accumulate dust, dirt, and other debris that can cause your system to malfunction and lead to poor indoor air quality.
- Aging issues: As your unit gets older it will encounter wear and tear that can require frequent repairs.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: If the temperature in your home doesn’t match the setting on the thermostat it should be inspected by a professional.
- Inadequate airflow: Disrupted airflow can cause your unit to overheat.
- Carbon monoxide leak: Cracks in your furnace can lead to a serious issue, like a carbon monoxide leak. This can lead to critical - and even deadly - health issues for your household. If the pilot light on your unit has turned from blue to yellow, you notice an excessive amount of condensation on your windows, or start to feel sick in any way, evacuate your property immediately and seek help.