Are you wrapped in blankets to keep warm in your house, even though the heater is running? Stop adding layers and instead schedule professional repair services. For routine maintenance, repairs, and installations on your heater or furnace, call Elite Comfort Systems for appointments in Pittsburg, CA. We provide 5-star service on every call!
Curious why your Pittsburg neighbors call us for their heating system repairs and replacements? Read our testimonials to find out!
We provide complete heating services to Pittsburg, CA, including:
- Heater Repair
- Furnace Repair
- Heater Installation
- Furnace Installation
- Heat Pump Services
- Filter Replacement
- Air Duct Cleaning and Repairs
Signs Your Furnace Needs To Be Replaced
Don’t get left in the cold this winter when your aging furnace completely breaks down. Instead, watch for these signs that can indicate you need to install a new system:
- If your unit is nearing the end of its life expectancy.
- Loss of efficiency. If your unit is working harder than necessary to heat your house, resulting in increased utility bills.
- If there are cracks in your unit.
- Multiple repairs. If your unit needs several -- or large, costly -- repairs.
What To Expect During a Routine Heater Maintenance Visit
It’s important to have a professional service your heater at least once a year to keep it functioning correctly. During these routine maintenance services you can expect a technician to do the following:
- Shut off power to the system. This will protect both you and the technician.
- Check to see how the inner components are operating.
- With your permission, replace any worn out parts or belts.
Are heater repairs not in your budget right now? We understand. That’s why we offer financing options to our customers.
How To Properly Maintain Your Furnace
You want your furnace to run correctly all winter. One way to keep it operating efficiently is to perform proper maintenance on it. Some tasks you should consider performing include:
- Schedule a routine tune-up with a professional before the cold weather arrives.
- Replace the filters regularly, about every three months.
- Install a carbon monoxide monitor and have it inspected once a year.
- Examine the furnace ducts to ensure they are sealed properly and are not leaking air.
- Check the blower to make sure there are no obstructions. You should also apply lubricant, if needed.
- Inspect the inside of the unit for defects like rust, holes, and separated seams.
- Clean the burners with fresh water to remove dust and debris.
- Clean the sensor and pilot with a wire brush and emery cloth.
- Check the “high limit” on the system to prevent overheating, and make sure the gas meter is clocked to check the rate of fuel usage.
- Keep the area around the furnace clean and unobstructed to make sure it’s accessible for any needed repairs.