Are you wearing sweatshirts and sweatpants around your house just to stay warm due to a malfunctioning heater? Ditch the layers and have your system serviced by a professional. Call Elite Comfort Systems for furnace or heater repairs, maintenance, and installations in Knightsen, CA. A family-owned and operated company, we provide 5-star service on every call.
Read our testimonials to learn why your neighbors call us for heating repairs.
We provide complete heating services to Knightsen, CA, including:
- Heater Repair
- Furnace Repair
- Heater Installation
- Furnace Installation
- Heat Pump Services
- Filter Replacement
- Air Duct Cleaning and Repairs
Common Furnace Issues
Having your furnace malfunction in the middle of winter is never ideal. However, unfortunately, from time to time your system might encounter issues. Some common problems your unit might experience include:
- Lack of maintenance: Not having your unit regularly maintained by a professional can lead to several issues with your system.
- Dirty filters: Filters can get dirty and become clogged. This can cause your system to malfunction and can lead to poor indoor air quality.
- Aging: As your unit ages it will start to develop more frequent issues and begin to lose efficiency. At this point, it could be more cost-effective to install a new unit rather than continue to repair your existing system.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: If the temperature in your home doesn’t match the setting on the thermostat, it can signal an issue that needs to be inspected.
- Inadequate airflow: Disrupted airflow can cause your unit to overheat.
- Carbon monoxide leak: Cracks in your unit can cause a carbon monoxide leak, which can lead to a dangerous situation in your house. If the pilot light on your unit has turned from blue to yellow, you notice an excessive amount of condensation on your windows or start to feel sick in any way, evacuate your property immediately.
How a Malfunctioning Heater Can Affect Your Home
When your heater breaks down, it can be expected that the temperature in your house will dip and become uncomfortable. However, there are also other impacts a malfunctioning unit can have, including:
- Risk of illness for your household. This is especially important if your unit has a serious issue, like a carbon monoxide leak.
- Reduce indoor air quality, as the unit is not working properly to remove debris and other particles from the air.
- Risk of a fire, depending on what’s wrong with your system.
- Increased monthly utility bills, as your unit works harder to heat your home.
When your heater malfunctions, don’t stress about the cost of the repairs. Contact us to learn about our financing options.
How To Make Your Furnace More Energy-Efficient
Are your utility bills increasing at an alarming rate? Keeping your house warm during the winter months can take a toll on your energy bill. Fortunately, there are ways to make your unit more energy-efficient.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Ensure the air ducts are in good working condition.
- Make sure that your property is well insulated.
- Schedule regular maintenance visits.
- Change the filters regularly.
- Let sunlight in to add heat to the house.